Swinburne University of Technology Research is a leading publicly funded university that is centered in Melbourne, Australia. It has been formed in 1908 by George Swinburne as Eastern Suburbs Technical College. It is a worldwide leading university that makes a significant impact on society and the economy by using knowledge, technologies and expertise in the fields of science, technology and innovation.
The university develops opportunities for its students to acquire professional expertise in addition to their academic and practical skills, creating transformative learning experiences. Commitment to the industry and the local environment is part of the history of the company. Over the past 50 years, in partnership with a number of Australia’s and the world’s top companies, the institution provides students with valuable and authentic work and professional experiences.
In the QS 2020 World University Ranking, Swinburne was classified as 43rd for both art and design, which makes it prominently as a leading Australian and global institution of art and design.
The George Swinburne STEM Fellowship is available for international students. The fellowship supports master’s degree programs in the engineering, cybersecurity, information science, construction management, and corporate information technology fields at the University.
- Host University: Swinburne University of Technology;
- Host Country: Australia;
- Study Level: Master’s Degree;
- Scholarship Type: Partial Funding;
- Scholarship Worth: 30% of the courses coasts;
- Eligible Countries: International Students;
- Subjects available: Business Information Technology, Engineering, Construction Management, Data Science, Cyber Security.
- Application Deadline: Annual.
Candidates with an academic performance at or over 90% of the Australian average will be selected for the Swinburne International Excellence Graduate Scholarship, and receive a 30% discount on their tuition for the duration of the study program.
To be admitted, the candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Immigrants who are currently living in Australia are not considered for admission to the program.
- Do not have any other Swinburne scholarship or discount facility.
- Once the student’s admission for the scholarship is accepted, the candidates will be notified by an e-mail from the University Administration. In the confirmation e-mail, students will know if they are successful selected at this scholarship;
- Typically, students are not required to complete an application for a scholarship.