Renowned for its deep history and its focus on the humanities and social sciences, the Leiden University took on special importance throughout the Dutch Golden Age, when academics from all over Europe became more interested in the Netherlands Republic because of the environment of cultural diversity, intellectual tolerance and Leiden’s worldwide recognition.
The university includes seven academic departments and more than fifty thematic divisions, as well as more than 40 domestic and foreign research facilities. The main campus is composed of a number of buildings spread throughout the university city of Leiden, with a second campus in the Hague housing a College of Liberal Arts and several of its faculties.
- Host University: Leiden University;
- Host Country: Netherlands;
- Scholarship Type: Fully Funded;
- Study Level: Master, Undergraduate, Graduate and Postgraduate Levels;
- Scholarship Worth: 240euros – 360euros each month;
- Subjects availablity: Please check the list bellow;
- Eligible Countries: International Students;
- Application Deadline: The Scholarship is open.
The Erasmus + Study Scholarship is available for International Students in Master, Undergraduate, Graduate and Postgraduate Levels to have the opportunity to pursue their studies at the Leiden University in Netherlands.
The eligible subjects available at the University are:
- Asian Studies;
- Behavioral Sciences;
- Interfacultair Centrum Voor Lerarenopleiding;
- African Studies;
- Social Sciences;
- Global Affairs;
- Governance and other all other subjects.
Leiden University has high-quality academic programs, a variety of bachelor and master’s degree programs and offers students the opportunity to receive personalized assistance and support. The university makes learning and education more accessible, promotes team building, international mobility, nurtures talent, builds campus culture, and offers students a variety of jobs and financial support.
The students will be provided with full tuition fees as listed below. The grant is based on the specific period of time and country of destination. Erasmus+ countries are classified in 3 groups according to the total number of awards:
Group 1: 360euros each month:
United Kingdom, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Ireland, Finland, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Iceland.
Group 2: 300euros each month:
Spain, Austria, Cyprus, Malta, Italy, Greece, Germany, Portugal, Belgium, France.
Group 3: 240euros each month:
Turkey, Bulgaria, Romania, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Lithuania, Croatia, Republic of Macedonia, Latvia, Estonia, Czech Republic. Serbia, Slovenia.
- Students’ studies or research must be an integral part of their Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD program at Leiden University; the host institution must have an agreement with the University of Leiden on an Erasmus+ inter-institutional partnership;
- Students are eligible to submit an Erasmus+ grant for a period of up to 12 months per BACHELOR or MASTER or PhD study program;
- The students’ Erasmus+ period of study period needs to be from 3 months (90 days) to 12 months (360 days). A period of less than 90 days will only be admitted if their hosting university operates a system of semesters or trimester.
- Students must print, complete and sign the application form, and have their faculty’s international exchange coordinator sign it too. Then send it online before submitting it;
- Students must provide a scanning PDF copy of the signed application form to [email protected] two months prior to the beginning of their Erasmus+ program at least;
- Students will have to complete the “Before mobility” part of the apprenticeship contract for studies. Please make sure that students also sign the apprenticeship contract and request the responsible authorities at the University of Leiden and the host university to do likewise;
- Once the application is accepted, students should be notified by email of the approval of their application and will receive a decision letter and the funding contract before the beginning of their Erasmus+ period;
- Students will be required to complete the First Language Evaluation. They will get an assignment invitation by e-mail from the Erasmus+ online language services;
- Students will receive the scholarship which will be transferred to their bank account.