Students at Roskilde University are in charge and in command of their own education. Through their independent assessment and involvement, they are supported in their programs of study at the university, which provides the ideal international, interdisciplinary, and academically stimulating atmosphere in which to study.
The university’s core educational philosophy is focused on developing problem oriented project work, providing leadership to participants, and taking shared responsibility. From registration to graduation, students are educated to evaluate the significance of academic challenges and the appropriateness of scientifically supported theories and methods.
The project work is directed by the students and is based on the significance of the commitment of each student and their personal and combined responsibility. The progressive decision to pursue a specialization is made according to the students’ experience with different subject areas and scientific methods. Students acquire their initial expertise in the framework of the basic studies, which guide them to the higher level courses, in which many varied specialist courses can be grouped together both in the major fields and disciplines and between them, during both undergraduate and graduate studies.
- Host University:Roskilde University;
- Host Country:;Denmark;
- Scholarship Type:Fully Funded;
- Study Level:Masters Level;
- Scholarship Worth:
- Subjects available:Check the details below;
- Eligible Countries:International Students;
- Application Deadline:January 15 each year.
The Danish State Sponsored Tuition Fee Scholarships is available for International Masters Students in the field of: Nordic Urban Planning Studies, Communication Studies and Cultural Encounters, Spatial Designs and Society, International Public Administration and Politics, Mathematical Physical Modeling and Development Studies and Global Studies, at the Roskilde University, Denmark.
- Tuition exemption and grant of DKK 7,800 each month for subsistence costs in Denmark ;
- The tuition exemption and grant have duration of up to 22 months for programs that begin in September.
- To be eligible to compete for tuition exemption and grants, students have to be nationals of non-EU/EEA nations who are responsible for paying tuition fees;
- Note that qualifying for a tuition exemption and grant application does not necessarily ensure that applicants will be granted a tuition waiver and scholarship. The available number of fellowships is extremely limited and there are considerably more candidates than there are tuition waivers and scholarships available;
- Candidates are categorized according to their academic achievements;
- The university maintains the authority to determine in each application process that only candidates for particular master’s degree programs will be evaluated for tuition and scholarship awards;
- Students receiving tuition exemption and fellowship are required to complete the educational process and not fall behind in their studies so that they can continue to receive the tuition exemption and fellowship.
Applicants are required to apply through the online application for admission to the master’s programs by uploading a cover letter and curriculum vitae describing their academic and professional achievements within the application deadline.
The online application process is accessible one month before the closing date for applications. It is recommended to submit the application sufficiently in advance, as unexpected difficulties may arise throughout the application procedure, such as technical issues. Applicants should be aware that it is their own responsibility to complete their application in a timely manner.