Nestled amidst the breathtaking landscapes of Devon, the University of Exeter stands as a distinguished academic institution in the United Kingdom, renowned for its steadfast dedication to academic excellence, pioneering innovation, and a dynamic student atmosphere. Against the picturesque backdrop of its campuses, this university offers an ideal setting for students exploring a diverse range of academic disciplines. Its global standing is highlighted by consistently high rankings, attracting a diverse cohort of students and scholars eager to receive a world-class education.
At the heart of the University of Exeter’s ethos lies a commitment to fostering critical thinking, nurturing creativity, and instilling global perspectives. Within a lively and diverse community, students embark on a transformative educational journey, benefiting from the expertise of renowned faculty who are pioneers in their respective fields.
Life on the University of Exeter’s campus unfolds as a vibrant tapestry woven with extracurricular activities, cultural events, and a close-knit community. Beyond academic prowess, students flourish in numerous clubs, societies, and community initiatives, crafting a comprehensive and enriching university experience.
University of Exeter scholarship Description:
- Host University: University of Exeter;
- Host Country: United Kingdom;
- Study Level: PhD Level;
- Scholarship Type: Fully Funded;
- Scholarship Worth: 15,500£;
- Eligible Countries: International Students;
- Subjects Available: Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL);
- Application Deadline: March 1st, 2024.
The Hornby Trust Scholarships at the University of Exeter present a remarkable opportunity for students seeking academic excellence in the academic year 2023/2024 in the United Kingdom. These scholarships, facilitated by the prestigious Hornby Educational Trust, reflect the university’s commitment to fostering educational advancement and supporting deserving individuals in their pursuit of higher learning.
The Hornby Trust Scholarships offer a range of benefits, including financial assistance and access to a world-class education at one of the United Kingdom‘s leading institutions. These scholarships are designed to empower students to pursue their academic goals in various fields, contributing to the vibrant intellectual atmosphere at the University of Exeter.
University of Exeter scholarship Benefits:
The collaboration between the Hornby Trust Scholarships and the University of Exeter extends a transformative prospect for international students, with a particular focus on those hailing from low- and middle-income countries. Here’s a concise overview of the pivotal advantages:
- Full Tuition Coverage: The scholarship ensures a complete waiver of tuition fees for the Master’s degree in TESOL, alleviating the financial constraints associated with pursuing higher education.
- Generous Stipend: Recipients receive a substantial stipend of at least £15,500, offering crucial support for accommodation and living expenses in the UK, enhancing the overall quality of the study experience.
- Covered Travel Costs: International travel costs for return journeys are provided, easing the financial challenges associated with studying abroad.
- Capacity Building: The scholarship emphasizes capacity building in English language teaching, enabling recipients to make a significant impact in their home countries through professional development.
- Global Networking Opportunities: Being part of the esteemed University of Exeter facilitates extensive networking with professionals and peers worldwide, enhancing both academic and professional connections.
- Quality Education Access: Exposure to the University of Exeter’s robust academic and research environment enriches educational experiences, providing a solid foundation in TESOL.
- Career Advancement: The scholarship’s prestige augments career prospects in TESOL and related fields, particularly in the recipients’ home countries.
- Cultural Enrichment: Studying in the UK offers a profound cultural experience, contributing to both personal and professional growth.
Outlined below are the eligibility criteria for the Hornby Trust Scholarships, succinctly presented with additional details:
- Nationality Requirement: Applicants must hold nationality from countries classified as low and middle-income based on the OECD DAC list.
- Residency and Employment: Candidates are required to be residents and employed in the qualifying countries to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Educational Qualifications: Aspiring recipients should possess an undergraduate degree, and those with pertinent postgraduate qualifications will be given due consideration.
- TESOL Experience: A minimum of three years of full-time experience in TESOL teaching or related fields is mandatory for candidates post their first degree.
- Potential for Impact: Applicants must demonstrate a clear potential to make a substantial impact on English language teaching in their home country.
- Program Application: Successful candidates are required to apply for the Master of Education in TESOL (MEd TESOL) program at the University of Exeter.
- English Language Proficiency: Applicants must meet specified English language proficiency standards as part of the eligibility criteria.
- Compliance with Admissible Criteria: Fulfillment of specific academic and professional criteria outlined by the scholarship program is essential for consideration.
Application Process :
The application process for the Hornby Trust Scholarships entails several critical steps, ensuring candidates align with the specified criteria and are well-prepared for their academic journey. Below is a concise overview of the process, accompanied by official references for detailed insights:
- University Admission: To commence the application process, candidates are required to apply for admission to the Master of Education in TESOL (MEd TESOL) program at the University of Exeter. The acceptance into this specific program is vital, as scholarship eligibility is contingent on successful enrollment.
- Information Gathering: Before initiating the scholarship application, it is imperative to gather all pertinent information and necessary documents. This preparatory step ensures a streamlined and efficient application process.
- Online Scholarship Application: Following the acquisition of the Exeter student number through the program application, candidates proceed to complete the Hornby Scholarship online application form.
- Covering Letter Inclusion: The application should feature a covering letter addressing key challenges in English language teaching identified by the applicant. It should elucidate how the MEd TESOL program will tackle these challenges and articulate why the applicant is a fitting candidate for the Hornby Scholarship.
- Submission and Review: Once the application is submitted, the scholarship committee undertakes a thorough review. It is imperative that applicants ensure the accuracy and completeness of all provided information.
- Interviews and Notifications: Shortlisted candidates may be invited for interviews, and final decisions will be communicated by the specified notification dates.
For more information, please visit the university’s official website: https://www.exeter.ac.uk/study/funding/award/?id=4676