The University of Melbourne is a research-based public university in Melbourne, Australia. It is the second oldest university in Australia that was first established in 1853.
The institution includes 11 different university facilities, with research centers such as the Florey Institute for Neuroscience and Mental Health, the Walter and Eliza Institute for Medical Research and the Grattan Institute.
Students have the chance to educate themselves on any subject before selecting a specific topic in their area of special interest. At the University of Melbourne, teachers’ main goal is to lead students to a fundamental knowledge and experience, giving them a large diversity of skills and abilities.
- Host University: University of Melbourne;
- Host Country: Australia;
- Study Level: PhD;
- Scholarship Type: Partial financial support;
- Scholarship Worth: 32,300AUD;
- Eligible Countries: International Students;
- Subjects available: Structural Engineering;
- Application Deadline: June 30, 2021.
The International PhD Scholarships in Structural Engineering, 2020-21 is available to international students. The award provides the opportunity to pursue one or more PhD programs in the subject of Structural Engineering at the University of Melbourne.
The University of Melbourne offers grants worth up to 32,300AUD with tax-free, annually over three years, to Australian and international students.
To be admitted, the candidates must complete meet all of the requireùents listed below:
- Have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in either Civil or Structural Engineering with an overall average of more than 80%;
- Applicants should verify the entry requirement of their chosen program, in order to get enrolled at the university.
- Students with experiences in Civil or Structural Engineering will have advantages such as:
- Trials on composite structures made of steel and concrete;
- Digital Simulation with the use of standard packages with commercial programs such as ABAQUS and LS-DYNA.
To be qualified for the application, the applicants should send the necessary documents by email to Dr. Tai Thai at tai.thai-at-unimelb.edu.au.
- Cover letter;
- Academic transcript;
- Admission Requirements;
- Language Requirement.