Oulu University in Oulu, Finland, is an international science university founded in 1958, and recognized as one of the most multidisciplinary universities in the country.
The university has been ranked #408 in Quacquarelli Symonds Global World Rankings 2021 with its innovative creations, knowledge and high quality education that encourages scholars to think outside the box, experience new things and challenges, and learn from their mistakes when it’s needed.
The University of Oulu International Scholarship program offers financial aid to academically excellent students from around the world, who will be studying a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program at the University of Oulu.
- Host university: University of Oulu, Finland.
- Host country: Finland.
- Scholarship Type: Tuition award.
- Scholarship level: Bachelor’s/Masters Degree.
- Number of scholarships: Varies.
- Deadline: 22nd January 2021 (Annual).
Scholarship value and benefits:
The scholarships will be awarded in the form of a tuition fee waiver covering 50%, 75%, or 100% of the full tuition fee for the first academic year.
After each academic year, the student’s performance will be checked and the student will continue receiving the scholarship if he/she completes at minimum 60 credits/academic year, otherwise, the students will be liable to paying the full international tuition fee for the next academic year if he/she wants to continue studying.
Fees and scholarships amounts vary depending on the international program:
- Architecture: 75%
- Biochemistry: 75%
- Biomedical Engineering: 75%
- Chemistry of Sustainable Processes and Materials: 75%
- Computer Science and Engineering: 75%
- Digitalization, Computing, and Electronics (5-year program): 75%
- Environmental Engineering: 75%
- Ecology and Population Genetics: 75%
- Mineral Resources and Sustainable Mining: 75%
- Education and Globalisation: 75%
- Epidemiology and Biomedical Data Science: 75%
- Electronics and Communications Engineering:75%
- Intercultural Teacher Education (5-year program): 75%
- Learning, Education, and Technology: 75%
- Product Management: 75%
- Software, Systems and Services Development in Global Environment: 75%
- Wireless Communications Engineering: 75%
- Marketing: 50%
- International Business Management: 50%
- Financial and Management Accounting: 50%
- Finance: 50%
- Economics: 50%
University of Oulu International Scholarships do not cover living costs Target group. International students from outside EU/EEA and Switzerland, who are liable to pay the tuition fees
- Students can apply for the University of Oulu Scholarship if they meet the admission requirements and are willing to pay the tuition fee.
- The selection for the University of Oulu Scholarship is based on academic records and potential.
- The University of Oulu Scholarship can be received only once.
- Applicants will be notified of Admissions to their International study program and scholarship decisions at the same time.
There is no separate application portal for the University of Oulu international scholarship. The international scholarship applications and the applications for the preferred international study program are submitted together.
Check the official website for more details.