Located in the South Australian state, the University of South Australia is one of the top research universities in Australia, with more than 32,000 national and international students.
Every year the University of South Australia offers 2500 partially and fully funded scholarships to international students, commencing Masters or Ph.D. programs, under the Australian government scholarships, University-funded scholarships, and External Funding opportunities.
Next is the list of the different scholarships offered by the university for undergraduate, Master and Ph.D. degrees.
The Australian government scholarships:
• Research Training Program international (RTPI) Scholarships: At least $28,597
• University President’s Scholarships (UPS): At least $28,597
• International Research Tuition Scholarship (IRTS): this scholarship will cover the international tuition fees for 3 years for a Ph.D. student and the international tuition fee for 2 years for a master’s students:
- Developing methods for remote guidance on physical tasks scholarships: RTP rate for 3 years.
- An inflammatory response to biomaterials scholarships: Standard RTP Rate.
- Intelligent Materials and Devices Scholarship: Not specified.
- Alan Reddrop research grant for family business scholarships: $5000.
- Plasma Physics Scholarship: $28,597/year for 3 years.
- Plasma Touches Life Scholarship: $28,597/year for 3 years.
- Lie symmetry analysis in regularised nonlinear diffusion problems: $28,597/year for 3 years.
- Surface nanoengineering scholarship: $28,597/year for 3 years.
- The William T. Southcott scholarships: $35,000/year for 3 years.
External Funding opportunities.
- APRIntern: Ph.D. Industry Internships: $3,000.
- ATA Scientific Encouragement Award: $1,500 for the winner. 2 runners up awards of $600 are also available.
- Australian Awards scholarships: Tuition fees, living expenses, fieldwork expenses, etc.
- Australian Building Codes Board Research Scholarships: Up to $5,000 for 1 year.
- Australian Federation of Graduate Women scholarships: Various, for example, accommodation expenses.
- Australian Federation of Graduate Women: Canberra Accommodation Bursary: Fourweek accommodation bursary.
- Australian Grape and Wine Authority Travel Bursaries: Funding to support travel, study tours, or conference attendance.
- Australian Nurse Teachers Society (ANTS): Research Scholarships: $1,000.
- Australian Society of Medical Imaging & Radiation Therapy: Research Scholarships: $10,000 maximum.
- Capstone Editing: Grant for Professional Thesis Editing: free thesis editing.
- CSIRO Postgraduate Scholarships: Various scholarships available.
- The Data Incubator: Data Science Fellowship: N/A.
- Gates Cambridge UK: Ph.D. Scholarships: a full-cost scholarship.
- German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) Research Grants: €750 – €1000 per month, plus additional benefits.
- Healthy Development Adelaide and channel 7 Children’s Research Foundation Ph.D.
- Excellence Award: $5,000 per year for up to 3 years only in order to augment an Australian Postgraduate Award or any other equivalent competitive scholarship.
- Sir Ross & Sir Keith Smith Fund Scholarships: Not specified.
- Taiwan Fellowship: stipend of NT$50,000 each month.
- Water Research Australia Scholarships: Various.
- Data61 Ph.D. scholarships: Various Scholarships available.
- Applicants from all over the world are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must meet the English language requirements.
- Eligibility requirements differ from a scholarship to another, applicants must check the University of South Australia’s official website to check the requirements of each program.
- Each scholarship program has its own deadline.
How To Apply:
To apply for the University of South Australia Scholarship program, students must submit an online application through the university’s “apply online” facility.
Note that some scholarships require an external application, you need to check the university’s website for more details about the application procedure.
Official wbsite for all scholarships: https://i.unisa.edu.au/students/scholarships/