University of Southampton Undergraduate Merit Scholarships – UK
The University of Southampton was founded as a research university in Southampton, England. The university originates from the founding of the Hartley Institution in 1862. By 1902, the college had grown to become Hartley University College, granting qualifications from the University of London.
The college was awarded its own university designation on April 29, 1952, giving it the status of a full-fledged university, which allowed it to deliver diplomas independently.
The University of Southampton currently have about 15,790 undergraduates and 6,925 postgraduates, which makes it one of the biggest South East’s biggest university of graduate students. The University Students’ Union offers a range of academic and social services to students, from participation in the four Union facilities, to one of the 200 member associations as well as 80 sports activities, it manages a sports complex located on the primary campus.
The university owns seven academic campuses including five in Southampton, one in Winchester and a branch in Malaysia, providing a variety of courses, each with a number of academic units.
- Host University: University of Southampton;
- Host Country: United Kingdom;
- Study Level: Undergraduate Level;
- Scholarship Type: Partial Funding;
- Scholarship Worth: 3,000 £;
- Eligible Nationalities: International;
- Scholarship Application Deadline: Currently open.
The Undergraduate Merit Scholarship at the University of Southampton is now accessible to international students. This award is for students pursuing one or more of the following undergraduate programs at the University:
- Humanities and Arts, Social Sciences, Physical Sciences and Engineering, Environmental and Life Sciences.
Benefits of the Scholarship:
A grant of £3,000 is being awarded to the best of the top candidates to help them cover their study costs.
To be admitted, the candidates must meet all of the requirements listed below:
- Be an international student;
- The tuition costs must be covered by the student;
- Have a qualified or unqualified Southampton offer;
- Take a qualifying course;
- Fulfil the educational conditions;
- Pay all necessary payments on account by the deadline indicated on the letter of offer.
Applicants should be accepted into programs in the Humanities and Arts, Social Sciences, Physical Sciences and Engineering, Environmental and Life Sciences.