The University of Sydney began as a university based on the principles of creating educational pathways for everyone to achieve their own potential, and that commitment remains as strong today as ever.
The university has the largest selection of fields of study in Australia and its research is focused on developing solutions to society’s greatest challenges. With over 400 fields of study to choose from, students have the opportunity to follow their personal academic interests, develop their expertise, and participate in internships and international exchanges. To further improve the student experience, there are more than 200 clubs and associations.
In order to help support the talent of students in Australia, the University of Sydney School of Business offers Global Services PhD Scholarships. The program is available for the year 2021/2022.
- Host University: University of Sydney;
- Host Country: Australia;
- Scholarship Type: Fully Funded;
- Study Level: PhD Level;
- Scholarship Worth: 35,000$ annually;
- Subjects available: Business Information Systems;
- Eligible Countries: International Students;
- Application Deadline: March 31, 2021.
The objective of this scholarship is to support the most talented students who wish to pursue an advanced research in the field of business information systems at the University of Sydney.
The University Of Sydney Business School will offer a scholarship award in the form as indicated:
- A grant of $35,000 will be offered annually, on January 1 of every year for a period of three years, subject to successful academic achievement. The scholarship may be renewed for an additional six months;
- The award is intended to begin during the period of the eligible research in support of the award and may not be carried over or moved to a different field of research unless approved in advance;
- The maximum duration of the award will be reduced by periods of study already started in preparation for the degree prior to the start of the award, excluding any extension period.
In order to be selected, nominees are required to meet the following requirements:
- All doctoral applicants who register in the Business Information System are considered; however, no offer of scholarship will be submitted before the student has received an unconditional admission request;
- Candidates are required to be prepared to undertake advanced research in the discipline of business information systems at the University of Sydney School of Business;
- In addition, students must have an Honours degree (1st Class or 2nd Class higher) or a Master’s degree in a related field with a significant research focus.
- There is no need for a specific request;
- In order to be selected for the scholarship, applicants must have an offer of admission to the PhD course in Business Information Systems taught at the University of Sydney Business School.
The following documents, which can be submitted in MS Word, RTF or PDF format, are required to complete the online application:
- Employment history or professional specifics: resume or curriculum vitae;
- Academic degrees;
- A one-page motivation letter;
- Confirmation of English language ability;
- Copy of the passport.
To be admitted, each student must have obtained a Bachelor’s degree, post-graduate diploma/certificate or similar from an accredited college or university acceptable to the University of Sydney School of Business, with a minimum grade point average of 65%.
International students must have an IELTS 7.0 English proficiency or equivalent. Based on nationality and educational background, English language skills may differ. Please consult the official website of the University of Sydney.