Since 1983, British Chevening Scholarships are offered to international students with leadership qualities who seek to undergo a postgraduate study or courses in one of the UK universities. The Scholarships are funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations.
Chevening Scholarships give a great opportunities to students from developing countries to benefit from the British education quality. Around 160 countries are elligible to apply. The applications are currently open, and will end by 3 Nov 2020.
- Deadline: 3 Nov 2020 (Annual).
- Course starts: Sept/Oct 2021
- Country: UK.
- Host Institution: Any university in the UK.
- Eligible Countries: Chevening-eligible country.
- Level of study: Full-time Masters Degree Programme.
- Number of Awards: 1,500
The UK government’s global scholarship programme offers Chevening awards for students from all around the world to persue a Full-time taught master’s degree in any subject at at universities across the UK.
The scholarship covers:
- University tuition fees,
- Monthly stipend,
- The cost of one visa application,
- Travel costs to and from the UK,
- Additional grants and allowances.
- The scholarships are for students from Chevening-eligible countries.
- Students must return to their home country for two years once the scholarship has ended.
- Candidates must have minimum of two years work experience (2,800 hours). Part-time employment, Full-time employment, Paid or unpaid internships, Voluntary work.
- Students must have an unconditional offer from a UK university by 15 July 2021.
- Fulfil the Chevening English language requirement by 15 July 2021.
- Students must have finished all their undergraduate degree components in order to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at one of UK universities by the time you apply for the scholarship.
How to apply:
The applications are currently open, (3 September 2020) and will end by 3 November 2020 at 12:00 GMT (midday).
The applications for Chevening scholarships are only made via the Chevening online application system. Visit your individual country page at the official website for more details.