East Tennessee State University is a public university located in Johnson City, in Tennessee. The university is governed by an institutional Board of Trustees even though it is part of the State University and Community College System of Tennessee.
East Tennessee State University provides The International Students Academic Merit Scholarship to qualified international students aiming for aa graduate or undergraduate degree. The scholarship covers only 50% of the in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees. The scholarship grant doesn’t cover any additional fees or costs are covered and it can only be used for study at the East Tennessee State University.
- Application Deadline: 15th October, 2020
- Offered annually
- Eligible Countries: International
- To be taken at: East Tennessee State University, USA
- Type: Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
- Apply for admission to East Tennessee State university
- Own or plan to get an F-1 or J-1 student visa
- Have a demonstrated record of academic achievement.
All students who apply for admission to the ETSU are considered for the Graduate Academic Merit the scholarship, but applicants who fulfill the following criteria will get the scholarship automatically:
- For freshman applicants: Minimum 3.0 high school GPA on the US 4.0 scale
- For undergraduate transfer applicants and graduate applicants: a Minimum 3.0 undergraduate GPA on the US 4.0 scale
Applicants who are qualified for the scholarship will receive notice of the grant in their admission letter. Students who wish to accept the scholarship have to complete and submit a scholarship acceptance within three weeks from the date of the admissions letter.
Students Ineligible for the Merit Scholarship:
- Second Bachelor’s degree applicants, if their previous Bachelor’s degree was granted by ETSU.
- Graduate students receiving a tuition scholarship or a graduate assistantship
- Students receiving any other ETSU tuition scholarship
- Students paying in-state or Erate tuition.
- Students applying for the M.D. and pharmd programs
- Students who are not in lawful F-1 or J-1 status
- Undergraduate students: $12,500 offered for up to 8 semesters
- Graduate students: $11,500 offered for 5 semesters for candidates seeking a master’s degree, or commensurate with the duration of the program.