Edith Cowan University’s International Undergraduate Merit Scholarship is offered to foreign students from certain countries who are able to demonstrate outstanding academic results.
ECU aims to give outstanding students from around the world the opportunity to pursue their studies and gain a world-class education. Outstanding students from the following countries are eligible for the ECU International Undergraduate Merit Scholarship:
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Anguilla, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Costa Rica, Cuba, Djibouti, ominica, El Salvador, Vanuatu, Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Venezuela, Equatorial Guinea, Chad, Comoros, Eritrea, French Guiana, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Libya, Macedonia, Ghana, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, India, Israel, Jamaica, Mongolia, Montenegro, Kenya, Kyrgyz Republic, Liberia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Mali, Madagascar, Malawi, Moldova, Nauru, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Mozambique, Namibia, Togo, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Yemen, and Zambia,
- 31 Jul 2021.
- Undergraduate studies in any field.
- Student must be from one of the eligible countries.
- Applicant should not be an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or New Zealand Citizen.
- Applicant must study onshore at Edith Cowan University Joondalup, Edith Cowan University Mount Lawley or Edith Cowan University South West (Bunbury) Campus.
- Not getting a government scholarship or industry sponsorship.
- Receive an offer to study an undergraduate degree between 1 June 2020 and 31 July 2021.
- Applicants must have outstanding academic achievement in their previous studies (as determined by ECU).
- Meet ECU’s higher entry requirements and start study in the course in 2021.
- Study an undergraduate degree excluding:
- o C33 – Bachelor of Science (Nursing)
- o K89 – Bachelor of Science (Paramedical)
- o Y68 – Bachelor of Education (Secondary)
- o Y76 – Bachelor of Science (Nursing)or Bachelor of Science (Midwifery)
- o Y42 – Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Studies)
- o Y41 – Bachelor of Education (Primary)
The scholarship offers a reduction of 20% in the applicant tuition fees for the duration of your course at Edith Cowan University.
- The recipient must continue to meet the eligibility guidelines and these conditions at the time of applying and throughout their course.
- The candidate must be in continuous good standing academically and financially.
- The recipient has to maintain a full-time enrolment load of 60 credit points each study period and should not defer their studies for more than one study period during their course unless if it’s expressly approved by ECU in its absolute discretion.
- The scholarship can’t be transferred to another course without ECU’s permission.
- The scholarship will be applied directly by ECU at the relevant census date on a unitby-unit basis.
- The start of the scholarship can’t be deferred.
- The recipient must pay their tuition fees within the payment prescribed deadline.
- The recipient may lose their scholarship if they receive a government scholarship, industry sponsorship, or another ECU scholarship during the period of the scholarship.
- The recipient must respect all applicable requirements under ECU’s statutes, by-laws, rules, policies, procedures or other similar instruments, and with all applicable visa requirements.
- The recipient must inform ECU of any change of circumstances that may affect their ongoing eligibility to receive the scholarship.
How To Apply:
No separate scholarship application is required. If the applicant’s ECU course application is approved, he/she will automatically be assessed for this scholarship by the ECU Admissions Office.
The application for an ECU course can be done online via the ECU Online application portal or through one of the ECU’s Authorized Agents.