The University of Bradford is a state funded research university based in the Bradford City in West Yorkshire, England. Founded as an academic institution in 1832, the university officially became the 40th university to be created in Great Britain in 1966.
For more than 50 successful years, the University of Bradford continues to increase its international recognition, its range of academic courses and its effect on research.
The university leads the way in the development of new subjects and methods of instruction, which respond to and advance the demands of the employers, the students, and the community as a general interest.
The university has 7,435 undergraduate and 2,225 graduate students.
In 1973, the University of Bradford was the first UK academic institution to create a Department of Peace Studies, becoming the biggest center in the world for the global advancement of the field of study of both peace and conflict.
The International School of Management welcomes international students and offers the opportunity to follow one or more PhD degree programs in the subjects of health, life sciences, public management, social sciences and law, delivered at the University of Bradford.
- Host University: University of Bradford;
- Host Country: United Kingdom;
- Study Level: PhD;
- Scholarship Type: Partial Funding;
- Scholarship Worth: 15,285£;
- Eligible Countries: International Students;
- Subjects available: Law, Life Sciences, Health, Public Management, Social Sciences;
- Application Deadline: January 27, 2021.
Selected students are granted a tuition scholarship to help them finance the costs of their homeschooling, a grant at the UKRI monthly rate of £15,285 annually in 2020/21, as well as a research study-training award of £2,000 to help pay for costs, such as travel and work in the field.
To be admitted, the candidates must meet all of the following requirements:
- Students are required to complete the PhD application process as usual, but indicate their intention to pursue the WRDTP scholarship in the application form in the financing area of the application;
- Students need to be international students.
To be registered in the program, candidates need to be pursuing a PhD in the university’s program.