United States of America is considered to be one of the most chosen countries by international students when it comes to academic education. A lot of the US colleges and universities offer generous scholarships to financially support international students who want to pursue their studies there, including Manhattanville College.
Founded in 1841 and previously known as “Academy of Sacred heart”, the Manhattanville College is one of the top private liberal arts colleges/universities in the United States.
The college offers various degree programs for both undergraduate and graduate Studies. Students have over 50 undergraduate areas of study and more than 70 graduate programs, degrees, and certificates reinforced by internships, career counseling, mentors, and networking opportunities to choose from.
Manhattanville College has a history of rewarding candidates with high academic records regardless of their financial needs, including international students.
- Host Country: United States.
- Host University: Manhattanville College.
- Application Deadline: Differs for each program.
- Fields and degree level: Undergraduate and graduate degree programs in any field of study available at the college.
Types Of International Scholarships Existing at Manhattanville College:
After applying for Manhattanville College, each applicant is automatically evaluated for a merit scholarship, as each scholarship has its own criteria and even the value of each one is different from the others.
For these scholarships to be renewed annually, the awardee should maintain a minimum grade point average and attend each semester on a full-time basis (12 credits).
Fall 2020 Freshman Merit Awards:
- Chairperson’s Scholarship: $25,000/ year
- Board of Trustees’ Scholarship: $23,000/ year
- President’s Scholarship: $21,000/ year
- Provost’s Scholarship: $17,000/ year
- Dean’s Award: $10,000/ year
Fall 2020 International Transfer Scholarships:
- Transfer Excellence: $20,000/ year
- Transfer Achievement: $18,000/ year
- Transfer Merit: $16,000/ year
- Transfer Distinction: $12,000/ year
- Transfer Scholar: $10,000/ year
Valiant Legacy Award:
First-years or transfers students are eligible for this scholarship. An award of $2,000 is offered to incoming students who have a Manhattanville alumnus/a family member (grandparent, parent, or sibling).
This award is renewable for four years maximum and can be combined with all other scholarships that are offered by Manhattanville College, except for the tuition-exchange programs.
Even though an additional application is not required, applicants must provide the name of the qualifying family member in the form that exists on the college’s official website or within the Admissions application, they must mention the name, the relationship of the qualified relative and in what year exactly they received a degree.
Sacred Heart Scholarship
This is a half-tuition scholarship dedicated to freshman students who are graduating from a school that is founded by the Society of the Sacred Heart.
Fine Arts Scholarships
Dance/theatre and music awards are given on the basis of the applicant’s audition. The awarded amount depends on each student’s audition. Art awards are offered based on the applicant’s portfolio. It is suggested that applicants include in their portfolio works in multiple media when possible.
About 15 images may be submitted in a slide or digital format with a supporting description sheet.
Sister Mary T. Clark, RSCJ Center Scholarship:
The Manhattanville College offers students with leadership, social justice, and/or community service experience the chance to apply for Sister Mary T. Clark, RSCJ Center Scholarship. By offering scholarships of $2,000/year, Manhattanville College wants to reward students who will most likely continue on the service path, while also advancing our values and missions.
Financial Aid Appeal Process:
Candidates who feel they are experiencing extreme financial issues can submit an appeal to the financial aid office for additional institutional support. To do so, applicants must submit a letter that explains their financial situation and why they feel that they should be granted additional aid. In the appeal review process, Manhattanville College may request additional financial information. Appeal letters and any other documentation must be sent to the financial aid office at [email protected]
Eligibility Criteria For Manhattanville College:
- Applicants must be foreign students.
- Applicants have to be in good health.
- All supporting documents must be submitted before the deadline and they must be written in English, if not then they must be accompanied by certified English translations through University Language Services.
- If the applicants’ undergraduate studies were not conducted in English, they may have to provide proof of English language proficiency (TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo).
How To Apply:
There is no separate application for these scholarships, students must apply for the undergraduate or graduate degree program they want through the college’s official website, and they will be considered for the scholarships.