UCLAN Women’s Football Scholarship, UK
The University of Central Lancashire (UCLAN) is a public research university located in Preston, Lancashire, England. It was founded in 1828 and gained university status in 1992. UCLAN offers undergraduate and graduate programs in a wide range of disciplines, including arts, science, business, law, medicine, and more. The university is known for its strong focus on student experience and employability, offering practical and vocational education that prepares graduates for successful careers. UCLAN is also recognized for its research excellence, with notable research centers in areas such as astrophysics, materials science, and forensic science.
UCLAN Women’s Football Scholarship is a program offered by the University of Central Lancashire (UCLAN) in Preston, England, which provides talented female football players with financial assistance and academic support to help them pursue their athletic and academic goals simultaneously.
The scholarship is open to undergraduate female students who demonstrate exceptional football skills and academic abilities. The program includes access to coaching and training sessions, competitive fixtures, and opportunities to represent UCLAN in national and international football tournaments. The aim of the UCLAN Women’s Football Scholarship is to help female football players achieve their full potential on and off the pitch.
About the scholarship:
This scholarship is provided by the University of Central Lancashire for female students with a passion for football. It aims to support individual and collective performance in sport.
Players for this scholarship must be attached to a recognized center of excellence. They should play at the county and regional level or at the national level. Two levels of scholarships are available for female footballers depending on this level.
- Level/field of study: The Women’s football scholarship is available for UCLAN undergraduate students.
- The value of a scholarship: The value of the Excellence in Sport award is £3,000. However, the value of the Elite Sports Performance is £400.
Applicants must demonstrate how they fulfill the criteria mentioned in the application form. To assess their current performance level (within the last 12 months), players should provide evidence in support of their application. It is crucial to include such evidence to strengthen their application.
- Scholarships are open to UK, EU, and international students studying full-time or part-time (enrolled in 60 or more credits per year) undergraduate or postgraduate courses at the University’s Preston, Burnley, West Lakes, or Myerscough Campuses during the 23/24 academic year.
- To qualify for a sports scholarship, applicants must participate in a recognized sport or para sport listed on the British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS) website and be willing and able to compete for the University.
- While scholarships are typically granted to students studying at the Preston campus, individual sport students who can represent the University in championship competitions may be considered on a case-by-case basis, and the Golf team primarily operates from the Myerscough campus.
- It is essential to provide accurate information in the scholarship application as the University retains the right to withdraw any offered scholarship in case of inaccurate information.
For more details, visit the official website: https://www.uclan.ac.uk/study/fees-and-finance/bursaries-and-scholarships/sports