University of Winnipeg Graduate President’s Scholarship 2023, Canada
The University of Winnipeg is a public research university located in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Established in 1967, the university offers a diverse range of undergraduate and graduate programs across various faculties, including Arts, Business and Economics, Education, Science and Kinesiology, and Theology. The university is renowned for its focus on sustainability and social justice, as well as its commitment to Indigenous inclusion and education.
The University of Winnipeg is also home to several research centers and institutes, including the Richardson College for the Environment, the Institute for Urban Studies, and the Manitoba Insititute for Materials. The university boasts a vibrant campus community, with a range of student organizations, clubs, and athletics programs, including the Wesmen sports teams.
About the scholarship:
- Host University: University of Winnipeg;
- Host Country: Canada;
- Study Level: Masters;
- Scholarship Worth: Up to £5,000 per year;
- Number of awards: Multiple;
- Subjects: All Subjects;
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities;
- Application Deadline: 01 Jun 2023.
The Graduate President’s Scholarship for World Leaders is granted to newly enrolled international graduate students at the University of Winnipeg who have demonstrated leadership skills through their participation in extracurricular activities and have an admission average of at least 80% or equivalent. Students in their qualifying year or Pre-Masters program are ineligible for this scholarship.
The value of the University of Winnipeg President’s Scholarships for World Leaders for Graduate Students is $5,000.
To be eligible for the scholarship, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Must be an international student
- Must have a minimum admission average of 80% or equivalent
- Must be entering the first year of any program
- Must demonstrate exceptional leadership skills
- Must submit a complete admission application before the scholarship deadline.
Students in their qualifying year or Pre-Masters program are not eligible for this scholarship.
How to apply:
To be considered for this award, applicants must have submitted an application for admission to the University of Winnipeg. The completed application package should comprise of the following:
- A completed application form
- A personal statement of 250-500 words
- A curriculum vitae
- Two references who can attest to the applicant’s extracurricular or volunteer activities
Candidates applying for the President’s Scholarship for World Leaders should submit their application through the Awards Office using this link.
For more details, please visit the official website: https://www.uwinnipeg.ca/graduate-studies/funding/presidents-scholarship-for-world-leaders-international.html