The University of British Columbia (UBC) is a prestigious public research university located in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. It is consistently ranked among the top universities globally and is one of Canada’s leading academic institutions.
The University of British Columbia has grown into a comprehensive university with two main campuses: the Vancouver campus and the Okanagan campus in Kelowna. The Vancouver campus is the larger of the two and is situated at the western tip of the Point Grey Peninsula, offering stunning views of the surrounding mountains and ocean.
The University of British Columbia is renowned for its academic excellence and offers a wide range of undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs. The university is known for its strong emphasis on research and innovation, with faculty and students contributing to various fields of study.
UBC is dedicated to supporting international students with a range of services, including housing assistance, English language programs, and cultural events, ensuring a smooth transition to their new environment. Overall, studying at UBC as an international student is an enriching adventure that provides access to exceptional academic resources and cultural encounters.
- Host University: University of British Columbia;
- Host Country: Canada;
- Study Level: PhD and Masters Level;
- Scholarship Type: Partial Funding;
- Scholarship Worth: 18,000$;
- Eligible Countries: International Students;
- Subjects Available: Data Science, applied science, Modeling and control systems, Analytical technologies, Science of the environment, Hydrometallurgy, Electrolysis of molten salts, Aluminum metallurgy
- Application Deadline: The Scholarship is open.
The Rio Tinto Graduate Scholarship program is now available for Masters and PhD Students in the fields of Data Science, applied science, Modeling and control systems, Analytical technologies, Science of the environment, Hydrometallurgy, Electrolysis of molten salts, Aluminum metallurgy to pursue their studies at the University of British Columbia, Canada.
Financial support of up to $18,000 per year is available.
To qualify, candidates must be currently enrolled or accepted into a Master’s program for the first year or pursuing their first or second year of Doctoral studies during the 2022-2023 academic year. The scholarship is not renewable, and previous recipients cannot reapply. The selection committee will assess research projects in these fields, and applicants must be enrolled or accepted in a full-time graduate degree program.
Students should contact their graduate program to verify the internal application deadline.
Students are required to submit a comprehensive application package to their graduate program, which includes:
- A cover letter containing specific information
- Proof of enrollment or acceptance
- A description of the research project
- Current official transcripts for all university-level studies
- A pair of recommendation letters from professors or researchers.
- An up-to-date CV
Candidates need to know that all documents must be submitted and are required to meet all the required presentation standards. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
Official Website :
For more information, please visit the university’s official website: https://www.grad.ubc.ca/awards/rio-tinto-graduate-scholarship-program