The University of Saskatchewan is a public research institution situated in the heart of Saskatoon, Canada. It’s one of the best research universities in Canada and a member of the U15 group of Canadian research universities.
The university is known for its interdisciplinary and collaborative approaches to address some of the greatest global issues of our times such as energy sustainability, infectious disease, food security, and water. Moreover, the university offers a full range of programs at the undergraduate as well as the graduate level.
University of Saskatchewan Scholarship program recognizes academic achievements and personal accomplishments, so candidates who apply for a program at the University of Saskatchewan receive the award or scholarship they are eligible to, based on their academic record.
- Applicants must meet the minimum admission requirements for the program and sholarship they applied to.
- Meet the program-specific requirements.
- Meet the language requirement.
- Must be admitted to an undergraduate program at the university.
– For the guaranteed entrance scholarship: The awards are based on the applicant’s admission average:
- If their best average is 95%+: $3,000
- If their best average is 93% to 94.9%: $2,000
- If their best average is 90% to 92.9%: $1,000
- If their best average is 85% to 89.9%: $500
– For Best and Brightest Entrance Scholarships: The awards are based on academics, leadership, and contribution to the community and school life. There are five awards:
- Best and Brightest Entrance Scholarships: $10,000 per year over four years.
- Chancellors’ Scholarships: $7,500 per year over four years.
- U of S Entrance Scholarships: $6,000 per year for four years.
- Edwards Undergraduate Scholarships: $6,000 per year over four years.
- College of Agriculture and Bioresources Renewable Entrance Scholarships: $3,000 per year for four years.
For International student awards there are four awards:
- University of Saskatchewan International Excellence Awards: $10,000.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Excellence Awards: $20,000.
- Canadian Curriculum Schools Awards: $15,000.
- Council of International School Awards: $15,000.
How To Apply:
In order to submit an application for this scholarship, the first thing to do is to submit an application for admission and pay the application fee to make sure that the transcript and the other admission documents have been submitted to the admission.
Once done, candidates will receive an email with a new login ID and a temporary password that they can use to access the web portal PAWS from which they can apply for the award they want.
- Best and Brightest Entrance Scholarships: December 15.
- Competitive Entrance Awards: March 1.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) awards: February 15.
- International student awards: February 15.
- Transfer awards: May 1.
You can apply for the University of Saskatchewan Scholarships here: https://admissions.usask.ca/requirements/apply.php
For more details, check the University of Saskatchewan Scholarships official website: https://admissions.usask.ca/money/scholarships.php