Deutsches Museum Funded Research Residence – Germany
Researchers are invited to participate in the Deutsches Museum’s Scholar-in-Residence Program. The Program consists of working for a period of six or twelve months on projects based on the heterogeneous and vast collections of the Deutsches Museum, and by cooperating closely with museum’s curators, archivists, and librarians when formulating their research proposals.
The exceptional structure of the museum’s collection will help students acquire innovative crossdisciplinary methods of research on the basis of images, texts, and artifacts available on site, and to engage in both the archaeological and historical exploration of science and technology.
Throughout this program, candidates will have close interaction with the museum’s staff and some members of the Munich Center for the History of Science and Technology. They will have their personal working environment with the possibility to provisionally stay in subsidized apartments of the museum complex.
Algeria, Egypt, Comoros, Jordan, Mauritania, Oman, Lebanon, Qatar, Syria, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Djibouti, Morocco, Somalia, Palestine, Sudan, Tunisia, Yemen.
Applicants must have a master’s or a doctoral degree.
- Pre-doctoral students will receive stipends of 7,500 euros (six months) / 15,000 euros (full year).
- Post-doctoral students will receive stipends of 15,000 euros (six months) / 30,000 euros (full year).
- Completed application form.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Project description of 3 to 5 pages.
- Two confidential references that can be sent directly by the referees.
- October 16, 2020.