The FASPE was created in response to the growing concern over the breakdown of ethical values, and it aims to challenge graduate students to recognize their responsibility to act as ethical leaders.
The FASPE offers fellowship programs to students pursuing professional degrees in five disciplines: law, business, medicine, Seminary, and journalism, and also to early-career professionals in these fields.
Candidates in each of FASPE’s programs get to spend two intensive weeks in Germany and Poland. They will also visit Auschwitz and the other key historical sites in Berlin and Krakow, and participate in rigorous seminars led by experts in their respective fields.
- Fellowship Sponsor(s): Fellowships at Auschwitz for the Study of Professional Ethics (FASPE).
- Fellowship to be taken in: Germany and Poland.
- Application deadline for all programs: Wednesday, January 6, 2021.
- Fellowship benefits: All program costs are covered, including travel, lodging, and food.
- FASPE BUSINESS APPLICANTS:
FASPE Business applicants should be currently pursuing a profession in business and fit into one of these three categories:
- Studying an MBA or MSc program at the time of the application;
- Have finished their MBA or MSc degree between May 2019 and January 2021 and currently working as a business professional;
- Have finished an undergraduate degree in any field between May 2016 and May 2018 and currently working as a business professional.
- FASPE MEDICAL APPLICANTS:
Applicant must either be:
- Enrolled in an MD or DO program (or equivalent) at the time of their application and must complete at least one clinical year before the beginning of the program;
- Have an MD or DO (or equivalent) and be working towards a subsequent bioethics, public health or doctoral degree;
- Be registered in a residency program.
- FASPE JOURNALISM APPLICANTS:
Applicants must have an intrest in journalism as a career and either:
- Be enrolled in a graduate program of any type and intending to work as a journalist;
- Currently working as a journalist with an undergraduate degree in any field of study received between May 2015 and May 2020 or a graduate degree in any discipline received between May 2019 and January 2021.
- FASPE LAW APPLICANTS:
Applicants must be enrolled in a JD or LLM Program (or equivalent program) or working in the legal profession (including a clerkship) at the time of their application and have received a JD or LLM between May 2019 and January 2021, or working as a trainee or similar position after having finished their requisite legal training in the applicable jurisdiction.
- FASPE SEMINARY APPLICANTS:
Applicants must be studying in graduate school preparing for work as a religious leader by the time of application or working as clergy with a relevant graduate degree received between May 2019 and January 2021. Those applying as students may be studying at any graduate program related to religious OR theological training.
How To Apply:
Application for these fellowship programs is done through the FASPE online submittable application portal.
The applicant will have to include his personal and contact information, a resume that includes their educational and employment history together with any honors awards and or publication, transcripts from all institutions of higher education where they have spent significant time (more than one semester), as well as the names and contact information of references and those who wrote recommendation letters.
Applicants will also have to answer to some short essay question that depends on each program.
- May 21, 2021 – June 4, 2021: Business, Journalism and Law
- June 11, 2021 – June 25, 2021: Medical and Seminary