École normale supérieure de Lyon also referred to as ENS de Lyon is a Fench public school dedicated to research and education, training teachers, professors, scientists, and some public administrators.
There are two academic units in the École normale supérieure de Lyon, The Sciences and Arts; in addition to that, the school has campuses near the rivers Rhône and Saône.
L’École normale supérieure de Lyon is composed of two top educational institutions established by the leader of the Moderate Republicans and the Prime Minister of France Jules Ferry in 1880.
- The first institution is called Fontenay-aux-Roses founded specially in 1880 for girls.
- The second institution is called Saint-Cloud, founded specially in 1882 for boys.
In École normale supérieure de Lyon there is eleven main departments, spread over two campuses:
Monod Campus: Natural and Experimental Sciences Departments
- Computer Science
- Earth Science
Descartes Campus: Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences Departments
- Arts: Classics and modern French Literature, Musicology, Cinema and Theater studies.
- Education and digital humanities.
- Foreign Languages, Literatures, and Civilizations: Italian, German, Chinese, English, Arabic, Spanish and Russian.
- Human Sciences: Philosophy, Cognitive science, and Anthropology
- Social Sciences: Political science, International Studies, Economics, Sociology, History, and Geography.
Ampère Scholarships of Excellence de Lyon 2021 details:
The École normale supérieure de Lyon and its partners are providing a scholarship program called Ampère Scholarships to all students that deserve to enroll in its Master’s programs.
Applicants should check if the Master’s degree program is open for international students or not, and also check the language proficiency requirements (English and/or French) for the program.
The scholarship value is up to $ 1,000 per month during one or two academic years for all overseas students applying for a master’s program in fields of Sciences, Arts, and Human and Social Sciences.
To be eligible to apply, for the Ampère Scholarships of Excellence at ENS de Lyon 2021:
- The applicant must be able to prove an excellent academic record in their previous academic studies.
- The applicant must demonstrate excellent academic and leadership abilities.
- The applicant must have obtained a relevant bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with good grades.
- The applicant must provide proof of French language proficiency or English language depending on each program requirements.
- The applicant must be willing to abide by the rules and regulations governing the conduct of students at the university.
Candidates for the ENS de Lyon have to fill out the online application form and submit all relevant documents before the application deadline as the late submission will not be processed.
Application Deadline: 8th January 2021.