The International Sustainability Academy scholarships is a 9-month program that aims to strengthen and support the sustainable development goals and contribute to their execution in order to resolve climate protection issues.
The program is sponsored by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development for the emerging countries that are part of the Development Assistance Committee (DAC).
12 successful candidates will be able to share their innovative ideas internationally in their area of interest that’s related to the SDGs. The main goal of the ISA is to empower students with enough knowledge of climate protection so they can serve to their home countries.
Host Country and program location:
- Hamburg, Germany.
- 9 Months: 8 months in Hamburg and 1-month project implementation in the home country.
Numbers of scholarships:
- Monthly stipend of €1,300.
- Health insurance.
- Accommodation and cost of the stay.
- Season tickets in Hamburg for public transport.
- Applicants must be from the DAC’s list regions or countries.
- Candidates should be at least B1 in English. But if they have already conducted their higher education in English there is no need for an English proficiency proof.
- Hold at least a secondary school degree and a professional experience.
- Applicants must have done research or working a project related to climate protection currently which they can pursue in Germany.
- Applicant must apply from the home country’s German embassy for a visa.
Second round requirement:
- Proof of diploma bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, training, or work experience.
- Passport copy.
- A 3-4-page C.V with date and signature.
- Proof of English language proficiency (minimum B1), native speakers and those who conducted their higher degree in the English language don’t need to provide it.
- Detailed project description following the International Sustainability Academy template.
- Study leave authorization from the employer.
Learn more and apply: application.isa-germany.com