Maastricht University was established as a public university in Maastricht, Netherlands. Since 1976, it is the second youngest of the thirteen Dutch universities. The University has half of the bachelor’s degree programs in English, and the other half are entirely or partly in Dutch. The majority of master’s and doctoral courses are offered in English.
The University of Maastricht has consistently placed itself among the best universities in Europe; it was classified as one of the top 300 universities in the world according to the five major league tables.
The Master’s program in International Business at the University of Maastricht is placed in the top 25 of the world’s best business programs from the Financial Times.
Maastricht University was the second Dutch university to receive the “Distinctive Quality Feature for Internationalization” award from the Netherlands and Flanders Accreditation Organization (NVAO) in 2013.
There were almost 16,000 students studying at Maastricht University in 2013, 47% of them from abroad. Maastricht students can join a selection of international student associations, debating societies.
- Host University: Maastricht University;
- Host Country: Netherlands;
- Study Level: Postgraduate (Masters);
- Scholarship Type: Completely financed;
- Scholarship Worth: 29.000EUR;
- Number of Award: 24;
- Eligible Countries: Non-European International Students;
- Application Deadline: February 1, 2021 at midnight.
The 2021-2022 Maastricht University Scholarship for High Potential Students from the Netherlands is now open for qualified international students.
This scholarship targets students coming from outside of the European Union that are already enrolled in a master’s degree program at the University of Maastricht.
All Subjects available at the university are eligible for this Scholarship.
Benefits of the Scholarship:
The University offers a grant of 29,000EUR, detailed as follows:
- Expenses for living: 11,400EUR for 12 months, or 22,800EUR for 24 mouths, Covered by the UM International Services Office;
- Insurance of Liability and Health: 700EUR, covered by the UM International Services Desk;
- Costs Visa Application: 174EUR, covered by UM International Services Desk;
- Educational Charges: 13,800EUR, 15,00EUR or 16,800EUR, it depends of the Study Programs, covered by UM International Services Desk;
- Costs of Pre-University Studies: Costs covered by the UM International Services Desk.
To be admitted, the candidates must meet the requirements listed below:
- The student must be admitted in a full-time Master’s program at the University of Maastricht for the 2021-2022 university year;
- Candidates should not have studied in a Dutch graduate program in the Netherlands. Students having participated in an exchange program in the Netherlands are invited to apply;
- Students shouldn’t be more than 35 years old as of September 1, 2021;
- Students must have achieved great grades in their previous studies, as evidenced by their most recent academic records, or as attested by their excellence in their studies. If more than one applicant is equally qualified, UM encourages applicants whose transcripts or certified letter of academic excellence demonstrate that they are among the top 5% of applicants to the 2021-2022 scholarship program.
To be able to take advantage of this program, the student need to complete these following steps:
- Apply to one of the Master’s programs available at the University of Maastricht. For more information on signing up for a master’s program at the UM, please consult the webpage of your future program. Once the application has been sent to you via Studielink, a student identification number for the University of Maastricht will be sent to the student.
- Accepted students will receive a number from which they will complete the following reform and choose the Faculties of different field: Economics and Business School, Science and Engineering Faculty, Social Sciences and Arts Faculty, Psychology and Neurosciences Faculty, Life Sciences, Medicine and Health Faculty, Law Faculty.
- Students will need to connect with the person of reference you indicated in the application and ask them to send their letter of recommendation by email to [email protected] before the deadline.
Visit the official website for more details.