With more than 9,000 students, The University of Skövde is among the public Swedish universities that offer a wide range of international master’s and bachelor’s programs taught in English, as well as Ph.D. programs.
The university’s academic activities are organized in five schools: School of Bioscience, School of Business, School of Health Sciences, School of Informatics, School of Engineering Science.
The University of Skövde offers some partial scholarships funded by the Swedish Council for Higher Education to tuition-paying students who need to pay tuition fees to attend a Master’s program at the university.
This scholarship covers a part of the tuition fees and is awarded before the beginning of a master’s program, which means if the student is already admitted if enrolled as a master’s student at the university, he/she is not eligible to apply for the University of Skövde Master’s Scholarships.
- Host Country: Sweden.
- Host University: University of Skovde.
- Scholarship Level: Masters.
- Scholarship Worth: Tuition fee waivers.
- Application Deadline: 1st February 2021.
In order to be accepted, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be international students from outside Switzerland and EU/EEA.
- Applicants must have an excellent academic record.
- Applicants have to apply for a master’s program that will be delivered on campus.
- The master’s program at the University of Skövde must be chosen as first priority on University Admissions.
- Applicants must complete the application to the Master’s program meeting the deadlines for the master’s first admission round.
- Applicants must meet the entry criteria for the master’s program they applied to, pay the application fee and the required documents must be received before the deadline defined by University Admissions.
- You must fill out all the required fields in the online application form.
- Applicants must as well send a motivation text and video, where they must explain why they have chosen the master’s program at the University of Skövde.
- Requirements can also be other qualifications that are related to the study or research fields as well as the geographic location which the University of Skövde gives priority to in accordance with its internationalization strategy.
How To Apply:
- Apply via the website www.universityadmissions.se for a master’s program at the University of Skövde and select it as a first choice
- Record a 2-minute video explaining why the applicant wants to take the master’s program at the University of Skövde and how he/she is going to use the knowledge acquired during the program.
- Upload the video to a website or cloud storage so that it can be viewed by the university’s Scholarship Committee, on YouTube for example, and mark it unlisted.
- The video’s link should be provided via the online scholarship application form.
- Write a short motivation text explaining why the applicant has chosen the master’s program at the University of Skövde, it must be submitted via the scholarship application form.
- Complete the scholarship application form and submit it before the deadline, also inform the application number (8-digit number) from www.universityadmissions.se.
- Fill out the motivation text into the appropriate field. Include the link to the 2-minute video (make sure that the link is complete and correct).