The Maastricht University Holland-High Potential Scholarship program is currently open for international students outside the European Union who have been admitted to a Master’s program at Maastricht University.
Located in the Netherlands and founded in January 1976, the Maastricht University is known for its international orientation, with over 19000 students and and 4,000 employees. The university stands out for its Problem-Based Learning system and high-quality study programmes.
Each year, Maastricht University offers 24 fully-funded scholarships of €29,000 for highly talented students from countries outside the European Union who have been admitted to a Master’s program at Maastricht University.
The Maastricht University Holland-High Potential Scholarship program includes two types of scholarships:
- The Holland Scholarship: funded by the Dutch Ministry of Education in cooperation with Dutch Universities.
- The High Potential Scholarship: financed by the Maastricht University Scholarship Fund.
Here’s what your need to know about this scholarship:
- Host Country: Holland.
- University or Organization: Maastricht University.
- Course Level: Postgraduate (Masters).
- Award: €29,000 per year.
- Number of Awards: 24.
- Nationality: Non-european international students.
- Status: Open.
- Application Deadline: up to and including 1 February 2021.
- One-year Master’s program: 13 months.
- Two-year Master’s program: 25 months.
The scholarship covers:
- Living coasts: € 22,800 for 24 months or € 11,400 for 12 months.
- Health & liability insurance: € 700.
- Visa application costs: € 174.
- Tuition fees € 13,800; € 15,500 or € 16,800 depending on the tuition of the applicant study program.
- Pre-Academic Training costs: At costs.
In order to be approved for the Maastricht University Holland-High Potential Scholarship, students must meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be from outside the European Union, Surinam, or Switzerland.
- Applicants must meet the requirements for getting an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
- Applicants who have a double nationality from an EU/EEA country are not eligible.
- Applicants must have registered to a full-time Master’s study program at the Maastricht University for the 2021-2022.
- Applicants must have never taken part in a degree-seeking higher education program in the Netherlands.
- Students who have completed exchange programs in the Netherlands are eligible to apply.
- Applicants shouldn’t be older than 35 years old by 1 September 2021.
- Applicants must have an outstanding academic record, demonstrated by their latest grade transcript or certified by academic excellence.
How To Apply:
For this scholarship, you will need to submit an application for one of the eligible Master’s programs via Studielink, then you will receive a student ID number for UM, which you will need to submit the Scholarship application form.
When applying for the scholarship you need to upload these documents:
- Motivation Letter.
- Proof of academic excellence.
- You will also need to ask your referee to submit their reference letter via email to [email protected]
Check the official website for more details: