The University of Debrecen (UD) is the oldest institution of higher education in Hungary, that was founded in 1538. It was first the Calvinist College of Debrecen.
The UD is a public research university and one of the largest institutions of higher education in Hungary with 14 faculties, 7 campuses, more than 500 research labs, and about 28,000 students of which 5,600 are international students who benefit from a world-class education system at the university.
Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship is offered annually by the Hungarian government for international students who wish to pursue their studies in a Bachelor, Master, one-tier, or Ph.D. study program, in any university in Hungary for free including the University of Debrecen.
- Host country: Hungary.
- Host University: University of Debrecen.
- Study Level: Bachelor, Master, Ph.D.
- Scholarship Worth: Fully funded.
- Eligible Countries: International.
- Application deadline: Application starts from November 2020 and ends January 15th, 2021.
Stipendium Hungaricum is a fully-funded scholarship, it covers:
- Tuition fees for the duration of studies.
- Monthly stipend for students of Bachelor, Master, or Ph.D. program.
- Contribution to accommodation.
- Medical insurance for the entire duration of a bachelor of science, Master of science, or Ph.D. program.
Programs covered by the scholarship:
The University of Debrecen Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship covers 9 fields of study, including Agriculture, Agriculture, Computing, Engineering, Health Sciences, Humanities, Medicine, and Sciences. the eligible programs differ per country.
- Applicant can only apply from an eligible sending partner and his/her citizenship must not differ from the sending country.
- Applicants under 18 years old are not eligible to apply.
- Applicant can apply for up to two study programs in order of preference and they can both be at the same host institution or a different one.
- Applicant must meet the minimum language proficiency requirement set by the University of Debrecen.
How to apply:
Applicants must first submit their applications to Tempus Public Foundation through the online application system of TPF. They will have to upload the required documents including motivation letter, proof of English proficiency, school certificates, and transcripts, copy of identifications documents, medical certificate, acceptance of statement for application in the online system and any other required documents depending field of study they are applying for.
The application should be submitted before 15 January 2021– 23:59 (Central European Time), to the responsible authority of the sending partner whom they have to contact, in order to ask about the exact procedures of application, as well as the applications deadline and the required documents.