The University of Otago is a research-led university founded in 1869 and located in Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand. The university is ranked among the world’s top 1% of universities and has an international reputation for excellence. In 2019/2020, the university was ranked among the top 100 in 15 study areas.
University of Otago offers more than 200 undergraduate and postgraduate study programs across HealthScience, Business, Humanities, and Science subjects. In recognition of the impact of coronavirus on students, Otago has expanded its coursework delivery possibilities for the academic year 2021.
A selection of programs (such as BA, BCom, and BACom programs, Online English Language and Foundation Year studies) will be provisionally delivered online instead of campus.
In order to encourage excellence in fields of performance such as sport, music, culture, and arts, the University of Otago offers a Performance Entrance Scholarship to students who are academically excellent and who demonstrate high-level ability in their chosen field of performance.
- Host country: New Zeeland.
- Host university: University of Otago, New Zeeland.
- Scholarship Type: Tuition award.
- Scholarship level: Undergraduate.
- Number of scholarships: Varies.
- Application deadline: Ongoing.
- The scholarship value is $16,000, for the first three years of study.
- Exceptional candidates may be offered more in the first year.
All Entrance Scholarships are open to students who fulfill the following requirements:
- Applicants must be New Zealand citizens, New Zealand permanent residents, Australian citizens or Australian permanent residents with domestic fee status; or International students who have studied in Year 12 and have completed or are in the process of completing Year 13 or an equivalent foundation level course at a New Zealand institution
- Applicants must be willing to enroll or have enrolled for the first time for firstyear (100-level papers), full-time degree-level, undergraduate study at the University of Otago.
- Applicant mustn’t have studied more than 0.4 EFTs at any University or tertiary institution at degree-level or higher.
- Acting – SGCNZ National University of Otago Sheilah Winn Shakespeare Festival Award Ceremony – Best Actor.
- Athletics – Otago Secondary School Athlete of the Year – Male / Female
- Basketball – New Zealand Under 17 Basketball National Championships – Most Valuable Player (or equivalent) – Male / Female.
- Debating – New Zealand Schools’ Debating Championships – Best Speaker or New Zealand Debating Team Captain.
- Hockey – New Zealand Hockey Under 18 National Regional Tournament – Most Valuable Player (or equivalent) – Male / Female.
- Netball – New Zealand Under 17 Netball National Championships – Most Valuable Player (or equivalent) – Male / Female.
- Rowing – Annual Maadi Cup Regatta – Winner of the Under 18 Pairs – Male / Female .
- Volleyball – New Zealand Secondary Schools Volleyball Championships – Most Valuable Player (or equivalent) – Male / Female.
How to apply:
Applications for this Scholarship are done through eVision. Applicants will be required to go through the first stages of enrolment at the University of Otago to access the Entrance Scholarship online application.